Re: ftp.kernel.org full of lamers not using mirrors.

Dominik Kubla (dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de)
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 19:23:25 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Tom Rini wrote:
> As one of the many lamers who's slowly overloading kernel.org, is there a
> list of mirrors anyplace? Might be one of the reasons lots of people use
> ftp.kernel.org.

May i suggest to use your webbrowser to fetch the kernel via http:

http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.1/

This works even when anonftp is locked out because of the user limit
and we can use the global webcache structure to distribute the kernel...

Dominik

--
The text above represents my personal opinion and does not represent the
official position of my employer on the issue(s) discussed.  Any official