Re: 2.1.110 "nls_cp437.o: can't allocate..."

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 15:50:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, John Fulmer wrote:

> I'm having this problem with some modules and 2.1.110. With 2.1.109
> everything was fine, now I'm getting the "can't allocate kernel memory
> for module;" error for psaux.o (actually misc.o), loop.o; maybe a few
> others. Ethernet, SCSI, nfs, and others are fine. I'll be going back to
> 2.1.109 until 2.1.111....

This is to do with the vmalloc stuff being broken in 2.1.110 - Alan Cox
and I independently found the solution, which is to back out just the
vmalloc patch to 2.1.109 (not the rest of the system - all works fine),
and recompile. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Alex.

---