Re: Forwarded mail....

Joel Jaeggli (joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 09:09:11 -0700 (PDT)

This is an urban legend. Do not forward it and stop spamming
listserves...

See this press release at the american cancer society webpage discussing
fradulent chain letters.

http://www2.cancer.org/zine/001/chain.html

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, ASHEESH RASTOGI wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I just received this mail from a friend of mine in my College. Please
> respond to it. It will just mean employing a little bit of time and
> won'tcost you a penny. All it needs is the heart for you to send this mail.
> PLEASE pass this mail on to everybody you know. It is the request of a
> little girl who will soon leave this world as she has been a victim of the
> terrible disease called CANCER. Thank you for your effort, this isn't a
> chain letter, but a choice for all of us to save a little girl that's dying
> of a serious and fatal form of cancer. Please send this to everyone you
> know...or don't know. This little girl has 6 months left to live, and as
> her dying wish, she wanted to send a chain letter telling everyone to live
> their life to fullest, since she never will. She'll never make it to prom,
> graduate from high school, or get married and have a family of her own.=20
> By you sending this to as many people as possible, you can give her and her
> family a little hope, because with every name that this is sent to, The
> American Cancer Society will donate 3 cents per name to her treatment and
> recovery plan. One guy sent this to 500 people!!!! So, I know that we can
> send it to at least 5 or 6. Come on you guys.... and if you're too
> selfish to take 10-15 minutes scrolling this and forwarding it to
> EVERYONE,
> then you are one sick person. Just think it could be you one day. It's
> not even your money ,just your time!!!
>
> PLEASE PASS ON
> ASHEESH
>

> -
> Please read the FAQ at http://www.altern.org/andrebalsa/doc/lkml-faq.html

Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E