Re: Kernel v2.3.x

Chris Wedgwood (chris@cybernet.co.nz)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:12:46 +1200

On Wed, Jul 22, 1998 at 12:35:41AM -0500, Terry L Ridder wrote:

> Thinking on it more, this could really become a hog of a person's time.
> As more arch'es are add I would tend to think that the amount of work
> would not grow in a linear fashion, probably more geometric.

It would be a management nightmare.

Just hope the net grows faster than the kernel, so relatively speaking
downloads become faster and cheaper.

Anyhow, people should be downloading patches where possible, not entire
kernel tree's. In fact, maybe only 1 in every 5 full kernel trees should be
made available to encourage people to be more responsible with the
bandwidth.

-cw