Re: More on memory rusting..

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 00:25:15 +0200 (CEST)

On 20 Jul 1998, Linus Torvalds wrote:

>What 2.1.110-3 does is to much more aggressively throw out dentries (and
>thus inodes) under low-memory circumstances. It may be _too_ aggressive
>right now, but if so that just gives a good mid point to strive for.

It' s not too aggressive. 2.1.110 _seems_ the fastest kernel on my 32Mbyte
machine (I was reading linux-kernel with a diff -urN running on the kernel
and a dpkg -i xbase without major stalls jumping from messages). I have
not numbers though...

I was running with the default freepage settings.

Andrea[s] Arcangeli