Re: ext2fs enhacement/fix [re: shrinking directories]

Marty Leisner (leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com)
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 13:44:53 PDT

If you modify a directory from user space, you normally need to
unmount the file system...like fsck...if you want it work right...

I suppose you could do the same in a kernel module and add a syscall
to do the work...

--
marty
leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com