Re: PPP in 2.1.109-ac1

H. Peter Anvin (woody@chunnel.oca.udayton.edu)
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 02:17:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998 sterwill@vader.eresnet.com wrote:

> attempt to re-establish a connection would result in another ppp device
> being created (up to ppp3). I didn't try changing my routing table
> so that I could route the net through the latest in the pppX chain, but
> I suspect it would have worked.

Yeah... I'm running the same setup. Whenever pppd dies or is killed, it
won't ifconfig ppp0 down... so when pppd starts back up, it sees ppp0 is
up, and starts a ppp1... that wouldn't be so bad... if the "defaultroute"
would see it on ppp1 instead. So there are really _two_ problems here.

1) pppd dying doesn't ifconfig the ppp0 down.
2) even if ppp0 is up, and pppd brings up ppp1, the "defaultroute" option
doesn't set the defaultroute for the ppp1. Or is that a "feature"?

-SIGSEGV