Re: dual vga?

Zachary Amsden (amsdenz@aavid.com)
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 10:07:29 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Monz <monz@danbbs.dk>
To: Jakob Borg <jb@k2.lund.se>
Cc: linux-kernel <linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 1998 6:45 AM
Subject: Re: [offtopic] dual vga?

>Jakob Borg wrote:
>> Actually what I was thinking (since the second monitar+card are from
>the eighties) is to run X on my normal (ATI Mach64 PCI) card+monitor and
>have some kind of text console/syslog/whatever on the other monitor.

Stay tuned for a multiple VGA/MDA patch coming soon for developement
kernels. I wrote the multimon patches for the 2.0.x kernels and will be
continuing development. The kernel console subsystem has changed in
such a way that these patches will be unobtrusive and very small (unlike
the original multimon patches, which required > 1000 #ifdefs).

Zachary Amsden
amsden@andrew.cmu.edu