memory leaks [was: Re: Strange interrupt behaviour]

MOLNAR Ingo (mingo@valerie.inf.elte.hu)
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 02:50:24 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> I'm running Linux/m68k 2.1.108 on an Amiga 4000/040 with 12 MB RAM. The
> machine serves as a mail and web server. After 8 days of uptime it gets
> terribly slow due to memory leaks, so I reboot.

to pin down those leaks, could you try the IKD patch from:

and enable:

+Memleak, Kernel memory leak detection support
+CONFIG_MEMLEAK
+ For kernel hackers who want to track down memory leaks in the
+ kernel, say Y here and look at scripts/memleak. Mere mortals say N.

after 8 days of uptime you just have to take a quick look at /proc/memleak
and share your findings with linux-kernel.

-- mingo