Re: Future Time

Sat, 11 Jul 1998 22:34:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 11 Jul 1998, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

> You can connect a gps to you serial port, keeps great time...

Yeah, but you need a clear view of the sky. We don't even have windows
in the plant where I work! I have a GPS Hand-held Garmin Pilot-III, it
works well in my airplane. However, the output is at 4800 baud and
time stamps exists after variable-length strings. Therefore, its use
as a time-keeper is somewhat limited considering its cost.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.108 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).