Re: increasing page size

Mihai Ibanescu (linker@nightshade.ml.org)
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 02:49:34 -0400 (EDT)

We currently have 'soft' processor affinity.. This is just the result of a
priority+1 to processes running on the current processor.. It seems to
work rather well.. I had spend a few days trying to improve it sometime
around 2.1.3x perhaps, but I never found a scheme that worked much better.

I also coded a simple method for locking sched_realtime processes on a
single processor.. It was trivial to add and it worked, but my interface
didn't allow me to pick which cpu it got locked on.. :)