RE: [2.0.35] NIC/ipfwadm problems on AXP

B. James Phillippe (bryan@terran.org)
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 11:01:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Tibbetts, Richard wrote:

> My 2 cents;
> I have the same hardware (Alpha Avanti (Mustang)), but am
> running RedHat 5.1 "out of the box" (I've not yet gone to egcs), and I'm

RedHat-5.1 comes with egcs (and not gcc-2.7); do gcc --version.

> running the 2.0.34 kernel.
> I've compiled in the same options, looking to setup ipfwadm. I'm
> getting exactly the same error "setsockopt: invalid argument".
> I've been using this on i386 Linux for a long time with no
> problems, but it refuses to run under an identical setup on Alpha Linux.

My situation exactly. I'll try a few more tests and see if I can find the
problem. Notably, I'll be trying a 2.1 kernel to see what happens there.
I'll also try compiling with CONFIG_ALPHA_SRM off and see if that helps the
ethernet situation (btw, have you built with that option your 2.0.34
kernel, and if so, did the ethernet work?)

cheers,
-bp

--
B. James Phillippe <bryan@terran.org>