Re: 2.1.107 driver hard locks w/DMA

Carl Thompson (carlt@elinux.net)
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 08:35:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Alan Cox wrote:
> In every case so far its been an AMD K6 - I think its a CPU type check. It
> may also be people with very early ASUS SP97VX bioses - the default memory
> refresh is too high. (In fact the whole bios sucks rocks)
>
> Alan

I checked, and I have the most recent BIOS for the MB. I'v always thought
that ASUS makes good motherboards. Not so?

I haven't finished testing. I'll let you know what what I come up with.

I was wrong. The problem I had in the past was not DMA related (just crappy
VIA chipset PCI related).

Later,
Carl Thompson