Re: Strange Ethernet Device Errors in 2.1.106/7

Scott Lampert (fortunato@altair.heavymetal.org)
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 23:25:41 -0400

> On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:10:23 -0400,
> Scott Lampert <fortunato@altair.heavymetal.org> wrote:
> > I have three completely different systems here with 2.1.106 and
> >2.1.107 kernels running on them and they are all showing massive amounts of
> >transmit errors on the ethernet interface.
>
> Sigh, why do we bother having change logs :(. See Documentation/Changes,
> lines 188-191.

Well, perhaps it would be easier to pick out changes like this if the
Changelog was written in chronological order like in the vast majority of
other sources. Or perhaps an "Important Changes That You Should Know Since The
Last Version" section. I usually just download the whole kernel so I didn't
notice the change in the Changelog. Thanks for the pointer.
-Scott

--
Scott Lampert              | Home Page: http://www.heavymetal.org
<fortunato@heavymetal.org> | PGP Key: finger fortunato@heavymetal.org