Subject: Re: 2.1.107 breaks autofs (response to Mr. Torvlads)

Trever Adams (highlander@teleteam.net)
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 11:30:42 -0500

> From: torvalds@transmeta.com (Linus Torvalds)
> Date: 25 Jun 1998 17:49:08 GMT
> Subject: Re: 2.1.107 breaks autofs
>
> In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.980625173600.1150l-100000@rs120.readysoft.es>,
> Gestor de Sistemes <pau@readysoft.es> wrote:
> >
> >autofs is also broken in 2.1.107 :((
>
> I don't think so - I use autofs myself.
>
> If you need to get something fixed, you'd better include more detail,
> because as it is I can only assume you have some broken setup..
>
> Linus

Autofs seems to work for me. The problem is if you run depmod -a on my
system (clean compile from a clean source tree) under 2.1.107 all the
modules in modules.dep in the 2.1.107 directory say they are from
2.1.106 (/lib/modules/2.1.106/whatever). I have tried forcing version
(depmod -a 2.1.107) and it doesn't work either.

I have tried greping most of the source tree for 106 and never found
it. Maybe this is just a strange bug. But it would show why his autofs
won't work (it keeps me from mounting other file systems, sometimes
silently, sometimes with a module version mismatch error).

Also, I too can't make scroll back work. The Vesa framebuffer doesn't
work for me either (gives me invalid mode number). I may not have a
Vesa 2.0 compliant board. I don't know yet. I have to check, but I was
pretty sure I did.

Trever Adams
highlander@teleteam.net