Re: 2.1.107: frame buffer problems (FYI)

Adam J. Richter (kernel@cook.ml.org)
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:07:33 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Adam J. Richter wrote:
> Setting CONFIG_FB=y and answering "y" to all of the frame buffer
> questions (and answering "m" to anything that had the option of
> being a module) resulted in a kernel that would not boot. I would
> see the message "Uncompressing kernel...ok now booting kernel", and
> nothing else. The system would completely freeze. The machine I
> am using has an S3 Virge video card.

I had a similar problem: the output stopped just after '...booting
kernel', and then I heard my modem dial.

I logged into it from another machine and it was fully function
(except for the display of course)