Re: Weird spelling fixes in 2.1.107

Terry L Ridder (terrylr@tbcnet.com)
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 04:24:47 -0500

Alan Cox wrote:

> > A better solution would be to back all these 'spelling and grammar'
> > patches out
> > of the official Linux development kernel.
>
> Given that very few of them are problematic and the source is both
> easier to read and more professional looking I think that would be silly
>
> When you find a rough edge on something you file it down, you dont start
> again

May I use this answer for the clients of mine who are really upset at
the moment.
That they are being "silly" about the spelling and grammar changes.

We are not talking about a piece of wood or metal here we are talking
about
the development kernel which clients are attempting to become familiar
with.
One client may very well be going back to porting legacy apps to Winnt
because
of this incident.

The clients could care less if everything to spelled correctly and that
the grammar is correct. The clients care about one thing and one thing
only
are the changes being made improving the development kernel in a
technologically sound manner.

There are 'bad ideas' and then there are the 'really bad ideas'
This wholesale spelling and grammar changing rates as one the 'really
bad ideas'.

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

When the toast is burnt and all the milk has turned and Captain Crunch is waving farewell when the Big One finds you may this song remind you that they don't serve breakfast in hell ==Breakfast==Newsboys