Re: 2.1.107 & hosed fb on intel

Paul Bunyk (paul@pbunyk.physics.sunysb.edu)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:09:09 -0400 (EDT)

Same here on Dual Pentium-II/Matrix Millenium. If I compile
framebuffer in (both with and without VGA Mode Selection) it locks
right after "Ok, booting the kernel". If I have VGA mode selection I
can make it switch to video mode with vga=num (including what seems to
be a graphics mode), but it would not boot either. Maybe
lilo/rdev problem?

And I wanted so much to see a cute penguin from asm/linux_logo.h in
mainstream kernel... ;-)

(Without framebuffer no Shift-PgUp/PgDn as well)

Paul

--
  ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._   UNIX *is* user-friendly, he is just very
   `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`) picky about who his friends are...