Re: Linux compatibility

Joel Jaeggli (joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:34:08 -0700 (PDT)

the celeron is basically a deschutes core will no l2 cache. apart from the
fact that p-II 233 should outperform it a lot of the time and costs about
the same it's an ok cpu.

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Chan Kwang Mien wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know if the intel celeron processor has any
> compatibility problem with Linux Slackware ver 2.0.24 and above ?
>
> I am also getting a new computer with the following specs:
>
> a) Pentium II processor 233MHz
> a) Intel 440LX AGPset based Motherboard
> a) 512KB Integrated L2 cache
> b) 32 MB SDRAM
> c) 4.3 GB Ultra DMA Harddisk
> d) AGP 8MB VGA card with Intel 740 Chipset

No xserver support for this. If you want an 8mb agp video card get an ati
xpert@work or a permedia2 based card such as the elsa gloria synergy.

> e) 32X CD-ROM Drive
> f) 3D PCI Sound Card

depends on which one it is. ensonic audio pci ok otherwise just get an
isa soundblaster.

> I wonder if there might be any hardware compatibility problem when
> used with Linux Slackware ver 2.0.24 and above.
>
> Thanks.
>
> rgds,
> Kwang Mien
>
> -

Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E