Re: [{patch} print_eip for 2.0.34] Re: 2.0.34 hangs

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 02:54:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 21 Jun 1998, Pavel Machek wrote:

>I did it by kernel reserving one line at the end of screen for its
>info. It is fine here: it does not disturb normal console operation

Printing only one line I would miss the kernel trace of the lock. Also I
need an additional info per address to take care of the order of the
trace.

The print-eip patch print directly on video ram memory mapped and one
improvement could be to fake the scrolling of the video and allow the
printing of the box always in the same position (I never tried to do that,
maybe it' s trivial).

>(except for X) (I'm running it all the time). [My monitor is

Ugh?!? You can run X whith your patch applyed?

>800x600. I'm using 14 point font, which gives 100x42, with 12
>scanlines left.] I thought that you might be interested in this...

Yes, I' d like to take a look at the patch to see if I can merge some code
to allow the box to remain in the same position.

Thanks!

Andrea[s] Arcangeli