Re: Re "IDEA...". Named kernel configs

Riley Williams (rhw@bigfoot.com)
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 21:26:12 +0100 (BST)

Hi Micheal.

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, Micheal Talbot-Wilson wrote:

> Just a reminder that the existing 'make menuconfig' does provide
> for loading and saving config files which you can name in any way
> you like.

I use it all the time, and have to admit that I'd love to see it offer
some sort of browse facility so when I type in a name that isnae quite
the same as I used when I saved the config, I can see where the typo
is without having to exit menuconfig first...

Before anybody asks, that's one change that will NOT cause kernel
bloat as far as I can see...

Best wishes from Riley.