Re: Linux (fwd)

Adam D. Bradley (artdodge@cs.bu.edu)
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 20:23:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Peter T. Breuer wrote:

> I've been asked for a general reference (i.e. a citable academic reference)
> to linux by a colleague. Before I start searchng for something suitable
> AND IN THE ACADEMIC LITERATURE, would anybody like to make their own
> suggestion? I'm about to go go to linuxhq and start looking there, then
> do a literature search.

"Operating System Concepts", _5th_Edition_, by Abraham Silberschatz
and Peter Baer Galvin. Chapter 22 is entirely about Linux.

Is there something in particular about Linux you need references for?

Adam

--
You crucify all honesty             \\Adam D. Bradley  artdodge@cs.bu.edu
No signs you see do you believe      \\Boston University Computer Science