Re: TX Pro M/B sound system

david parsons (o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s)
28 May 1998 17:58:14 -0700

In article <linux.kernel.Pine.LNX.3.96.980527210719.1583A-100000@eiterra>,
Phil's Kernel Account <kernel@nls.net> wrote:
>On Wed, 27 May 1998, Riley Williams wrote:
>
>#Hi there.
>#I've just replaced my [failing] unknown motherboard with the TX Pro
>#motherboard, and I note there's a sound system built into the
>#motherboard. However, the manual is supplied on CD in WIndows-95
>#format and, since I don't have Win95, I can't read it to find out the
>#specs!!!
>#I would love to compile a kernel that supports the sound card therein,
>#but haven't the foggiest where to start, hence this request...
>
>For FUCKS SAKE*)($@!
>
>What is WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE OUT THERE?!? WHY CAN YOU NOT SHELL OUT A FEW
>MORE BUCKS, OR GO WITHOUT SOME STUPID FEATURES?!?!?

I've been buying hardware at various auction houses, and when I
can get something like a dual 80522 m/b for US$89, I'm certainly
not going to ignore it just so I can spend US$400 on a different
80522 m/b that comes without built-on sound or scsi.

And when I get a piece of hardware that's got a soundcard built
in, OF COURSE I'll ask to see if that pile of components is
supported under my operating system of choice.

____
david parsons \bi/ It must be getting close to friday.
\/