Re: Modem problem

Mircea Damian (dmircea@kappa.ro)
Tue, 26 May 1998 09:38:25 +0300

Hello,

On Mon, May 25, 1998 at 10:47:14PM -0400, Phil's Kernel Account wrote:
> In short; you got screwed, boy. That thing is nothing but a hunk of junk
> that only eats money. It won't connect to ANY equipment I have EVER seen.
> Not even Sierras. Do yourself a favour, shell out the $100USD or so, and
> buy a Zoom 56Kx dualmode external. You're never gonna get that trash
> Sierra to connect.

You may be right but also you may not...
I had a Zoom modem 1 month ago... This is *REALLY* a *BROKEN* piece of
hardware. I couldn't use it not even for data transfers(it used it at
work).

And speaking about this Sierra modem I just want to tell you that it works
perfectly for data transfers(I had no problems with it).

Bye,

--
Mircea Damian
System Administrator