Re: reason for my problem with 2.1 kernels on a Alpha noname found

Thomas Bogendoerfer (tsbogend@alpha.franken.de)
Sat, 23 May 1998 00:04:26 +0200

On Fri, May 22, 1998 at 04:57:06PM -0400, C. Scott Ananian wrote:
> Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de> wrote:
>
> > be exact). Because I couldn't compile isdn_common.c with -O2, I've changed
> > the CFLAGS in Makefile to compile only with -O. This triggers another more
> > unvisible bug in gcc, when compiling arch/alpha/kernel/irq.c, which causes
> > the problem with the hanging.
>
> I'd be very interested to know more details on this so we can fix gcc.
> Most importantly: what version of gcc are you using? (2.8.0 was known to
> have problems, use 2.8.1 at least)

I'm using:

alpha:~$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-redhat-linux/2.7.2.3/specs
gcc version 2.7.2.3

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)