Re: PnP sound card in 2.1.102pre-2

Paul (PELaufer@CSUPomona.edu)
Thu, 21 May 1998 04:06:00 +0000

Alan Cox wrote:

> > I am running on a 486, no PnP BIOS. HP Vectra 486 DX/33
> > While loading the modules, sb.o reports:
> > init_module: Device or resource busy
>
> It thinks someone else is using io 220, irq 5 0x330 or dma 0,5 (DMA 0 may be
> a problem - its not really available on older machines so there may be code
> that 'knows' DMA 0 is the mem refresh.

DMA 0 is not a problem for me. I've got a Soundblaster 16 basic that
runs fine with io220, irq 5, dma 0,5. Sound is good to. I have PPro
200mhz with the old 440FX chipset. Just thought I'd share . . .

~Paul Laufer

--
One OS to rule them all,          |"Wasting somebodies time strikes
    One OS to find them,          | me as the height of rudeness" -B.G.