Re: easily downloadable archives

Joel Jaeggli (joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Tue, 19 May 1998 21:16:54 -0700 (PDT)

Just grap lurkftp from sunite and do the following...

/usr/local/bin/lurkftp -m -U -d /whereveryouwantittogo/kernels/ ftp
.kernel.org(or you favorite kernel mirror) /pub/linux/kernel/

That should get pretty much all of it. (given enough time).

If you mask out either the bz2 or the gziped kernels it goes a lot faster
since theres about half as much stuff to get (lurkftp has switches and
filters to mask file types) reply to me in person and I'll just give you
my filters. currently if you retrieve only the gziped versions of the 2.0
kernels there's about 204MB 2.1 is about 886MB. kernels is the testing
directory take up another 40MB.

joelja

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Rik van Riel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether there were any easily downloadable
> linux-kernel archives (yes, I know it's BIG :).
>
> I want to do some more complex and timeconsuming seeks
> in the archives and haven't found a website where this
> was possible...
>
> Rik.

Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E