Re: HOWTOs in _one_ file?

Sean Kelly (smkelly@zombie.org)
Tue, 19 May 1998 20:40:39 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Guan Yang wrote:

>I want to upgrade my HOWTOs. But they seem to be in several hundred
>files which I simply can't make myself write a Perl script to download.
>Where can I find them in one (or two) tgz or tbz2 files?

Via ftp do this:
ftp> open sunsite.unc.edu
Connected to sunsite.unc.edu.
Name (sunsite.unc.edu:root): ftp
331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Password:
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> cd /pub/Linux/docs
ftp> binary
200 Type set to I.
ftp> get HOWTO.tar.gz

It will tar and gzip the HOWTO/ directory on SunSITE and send it to you.