Re: 2.1.102 Masquerading etc...

Juanjo Ciarlante (irriga@impsat1.com.ar)
Mon, 18 May 1998 15:15:33 -0300

On Mon, May 18, 1998 at 12:54:58PM +0930, Paul Rusty Russell wrote:
> In message <ON2388299AE@one47.demon.co.uk> you write:
> > Ok,
> >
> > I'm sure I'm just being stupid, but why do I get the following message when I
> try to use either of the new PortFW or AutoFW masquerading features ?
> >
> > # ipportfw -C
> > ipfwadm: setsockopt failed: Protocol not available
> > # ipautofw -F
> > setsockopt: Protocol not available
>
> Argh! The setsockopt numbers have changed; recompiling these utils
> should fix it. FYI, the values used to be:
>
> IP_FW_MASQ_INSERT 1344
> IP_FW_MASQ_ADD 1345
> IP_FW_MASQ_DEL 1346
> IP_FW_MASQ_FLUSH 1347
>
> They are now:
>
> IP_FW_MASQ_INSERT 76
> IP_FW_MASQ_ADD 77
> IP_FW_MASQ_DEL 78
> IP_FW_MASQ_FLUSH 79
>
> ipautofw and ipportfw should probably try the old ones iff the new
> ones fail with ENOPROTOOPT. Or the kernel could be changed to use the
> old ones, or both.

You should be using ipmasqadm utility for activating portfw and autofw.

As Paul says, current version is out of sync with 2.1.102 (it does not even compile
with GLIBC2), this night (about 0hr GMT) I'll have the chance to upload
the new version at my URL.

Regards...

--
-- Juanjo       http://juanjox.home.ml.org/