2.1.102 Success ! (Was re: 2.1.102 Success :-) and problem :-( )

Steve Davies (steve@one47.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 17 May 1998 12:09:15 +0100

Many thank for all of the help/suggestions/requests etc... received from various parties. To summarise the results for all to see:

It is now all working !!! It was a simple driver update...

Alan : Thanks for the pointer to the new (now version 0.99E) vortex driver
Ingo : Do you still want the output of mptable.c ? Drop me a line if you do.
Brian : As expected Linux once again triumphs over strange hardware :-)

Can we merge the latest driver into 2.1.103 ???

Regards,
Steve

Steve Davies wrote in message ...
> Hi all,
>
> [snip]
>
> Unfortunately, I can't make my 3c905B net. card work - I don't see any inbound packets at-all.
> Outbound packets reach their destination OK, and I know this for sure. I can also confirm that data
> is being returned to the ethernet card OK (cables etc...) If I understand the Vortex debugging
> output, I don't seem to receive an interrupt when data is received, and no errors to say I've lost or
> discarded any interrupts...

[snip]