Re: VFAT not working in 2.1.98

Michael L. Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 16:36:03 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Greg Lee wrote:

> I have vfat, etc. configured as modules in 2.1.98 with kmod.
> They autoloaded when I mounted a vfat fs, and they're working
> just fine. (I configured the floppy driver as a module;
> I've got just one ide hd ...)
>

> > On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Martin von Loewis wrote:
> >
> > > All vfat or msdos mounted drives appear empty in 2.1.98, even
> > > though the Win95 chkdsk does not find problems. Did anybody else
> > > notice that?
> >
> > Do you have vfat/fat support built as modules? There were problems with
> > the new kmod in 2.1.98 which could prevent them from loading.
> >
> > Steve

Howdy,

I saw the same thing while tinkering with another problem yesterday in
2.1.97. vfat as module, volumes were mounted and showed normal sizes,
but _no_ visible data. I did _not_ try to write anything :) .. need my
loadlin95 parts. With 2.1.98 and vfat in the kernel, it's working fine.

Cheers,

-Mike