Re: Help please!!!!

Anthony Barbachan (barbacha@trill.cis.fordham.edu)
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 00:22:23 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BD723B.B73CE460

Just get either an emergency boot disk or a boot/root combination from =
slackware. Boot up the floppy Linux system, mount your drive and fix =
the cause of your problem. Either non-existant free hard drive space or =
perhaps a missing password (or shadow) file.
-----Original Message-----
From: Woody <woody@localline.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu <linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sunday, April 26, 1998 10:18 PM
Subject: Help please!!!!
=20
I have a major problem and having to write this message from Win98 =
makes me want to hurl!!! :).....
=20
I happened to hit Alt-F4 to login to another one of my =
terminals....AND I can't log into root....it says, "login =
incorrect"....so I try to log in as another one of my users....what does =
it say, "You don't exist, Go away!"=20
=20
Can anyone explain this message?!?!?! I have been using linux for a =
long time....I have never came upon such an error message.....I have =
gotten in through maintenance mode and even took the password out of =
root and tried to login! NOTHING! I can't get into my box!! I have heard =
from a good friend of mine that he has seen this before and it might be =
caused from low hard drive space....Low HD space can cause weird things =
to occur....I have a lot of things, and I DONOT want to have to =
reinstall everything.....I have to get into my OS.......if anyone can =
assist me, PLEASE DO SO!!!

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BD723B.B73CE460

Just get either an emergency boot = disk or a=20 boot/root combination from slackware.  Boot up the floppy Linux = system,=20 mount your drive and fix the cause of your problem.  Either = non-existant=20 free hard drive space or perhaps a missing password (or shadow)=20 file.
-----Original = Message-----