Re: Linux-2.1.98..

Pat St. Jean (psj@cgmlarson.com)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:50:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Myrdraal wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck with 2.1.98 on an IDE system? It gets a null
> pointer dereference in swapper, oopses, and "Aiee, killing interrupt
> handler"s. It does that right after printing out the PIO information
> for my IDE chipset. I had no problems in 2.1.97.

Hey there!
I'm running just fine. I've got a VXPro (VIA Apollo clone) board that
works just fine. Booted it this morning on the new K6-233 (whee!!!).
It's running great!

BTW, what is protocol 5? In the midst of getting kmod working, I
noticed a bunch of complaints about net-pf-4 and net-pf-5. I tracked down
4, but can't find 5. I'm just curious since they're both set to off
anyways.

Pat

--
Patrick St. Jean              '97 XLH 883                psj@cgmlarson.com
Programmer & Systems Administrator                    +1 713-977-4177 x115