Re: driver for Creative Labs DVD kits

Hans Reiser (reiser@ricochet.net)
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 23:04:46 -0700

--------------B7F28DB95328F9FD4CBADC69

We just switched to the STB Theatre card, which is too new to have Linux
drivers. But if any of you writing Linux drivers would like to see us
bundle and support those drivers for Linux, and you happen to be writing
for a card we ship in our kits, I would be interested in doing so, and
if you can, send me an email letting me know you are writing such
drivers.

Hans

Alan Cox wrote:

> > I am very biased in this (I sell hollywood decoders on the side), but
> > wouldn't it be better to write drivers for decoders that are less buggy
> > than the creative labs ones? I hear really horrible things about the
> > Creative Labs ones. I believe any of our other competitors are more
> > reliable than Creative Labs. Please correct me if I am unfairly
> > slamming Creative Labs.
> >
> > Hans
> >
> > (If you want to know what I sell, or simply want a reliable DVD kit, try
> > http://www.idiom.com/~beverly/retail_dpl.html)
>
> Does it include Linux drivers and/or documentation 8)
>
> Alan
--------------B7F28DB95328F9FD4CBADC69

begin: vcard
fn: Hans Reiser
n: Reiser;Hans
adr: 6979 Exeter Dr.;;;Oakland;CA;94611;USA
email;internet: reiser@ricochet.net
tel;work: 510-482-2483
tel;home: 510-482-5071
note;quoted-printable:Phone: +1 (510) 459-4681 (cell phone) =
=0D=0A=
510-482-5071 (landline)
x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE