Re: Euro symbol (going further off topic)

Ragnar Hojland Espinosa (root@lightside.ddns.org)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 02:05:01 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> set from Latin-1 to Latin-9, though. The changes are small, but it
> adds proper support for a few more European languages and adds the
> Euro symbol instead of the completely useless ¤.

The completely useless symbol you have just written down corresponds to
\~n which is the n with a tilde over it, which in turn is one of the
letters that goes in my country's name, Spain. Guess it's not so useless
for 40 million people.

____/| Ragnar Hojland (ragnar@lightside.ddns.org) Fingerprint 94C4B
\ o.O| 2F0D27DE025BE2302C
=(_)= "Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer for 104B78C56 B72F0822
U chaos and madness await thee at its end." hkp://keys.pgp.com