Re: 2.1.97/BusLogic flakes

Leonard N. Zubkoff (lnz@dandelion.com)
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 15:59:38 -0700

From: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@atd.ucar.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 13:42:51 -0500

I've managed to get 2.1.97 to fail to boot in four different ways, all
seemingly related to the BusLogic driver. They were:

Is your system single or multiple processor? Is the kernel compiled for SMP or
UP?

Would you please try the 2.0.13 driver available from my web site in your .8x
kernel and see if it works OK? I suspect that the problem is related to all
the other recent kernel changes, but it's hard to be certain.

Also, firmware 5.05R is very old and has a fatal bug. I suggest you update to
5.06J, also available from my web site.

http://www.dandelion/com/Linux/

Leonard