Re: [patch 2.1.97] more capabilities support

Alexander Kjeldaas (astor@guardian.no)
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 22:27:10 +0200

On Wed, Apr 22, 1998 at 12:56:35PM -0400, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

> At every point where security ought to be checked, he collects data
> needed for the check and passes it to a general security function.
> Most of the kernel gets a black-box view of security. The kernel
> maintains a database in /rsbac (on every mount point?) instead of
> modifying the ext2 filesystem. (that could be changed) There are a
> half-dozen security models implemented on his general framework.

What's really nice is that this is pretty much the same technique
needed to implement auditing in the kernel. I would just like to see
some nicer macros to avoid some of the clutter.

astor

--
 Alexander Kjeldaas, Guardian Networks AS, Trondheim, Norway
 http://www.guardian.no/