Re: [patch 2.1.97] more capabilities support

Andrej Presern (andrejp@luz.fe.uni-lj.si)
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 15:51:53 +0200

Andrew Morgan wrote:

> Andrej Presern writes:
> > > I'm happy to say that capabilities as a concept have emerged from this
> > > research. It is my understanding that they are preferable to many of
> > > the other alternatives because they can be implemented in such a way
> > > that does not slow down the kernel.
> >
> > You don't know how right you are:) Only that I'm not talking about
> > capability lists such as POSIX:)
>
> I think you will find that POSIX labels your flavor of capability as
> "Mandatory Access Control" it is also a part of the POSIX draft...

Then you failed to understand the concept because the implementation
that uses capability lists is flawed. I haven't actually read the draft,
but as much as I could understand about it from other people's talk,
it's a capability list design and your implementation seems to confirm
that.

Andrej

--
Andrej Presern, andrejp@luz.fe.uni-lj.si