Re: 2.1.97

Reinhold Jordan (ian@proxima.simplecom.net)
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 01:13:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998 ian@proxima.simplecom.net wrote:

I have since fixed the problem, but it was a crude hack. In
include/asm-alpha/string.h there are several tests like the following:

#if __GNUC__ > 2 || __GNUC_MINOR__ >= 8
[...]
#endif

By removing the test statement and using the commands that are executed if
the test is negative (#else commands), the kernel compiled normally.
Again, I am using gcc 2.8.1. If anyone can figure out why the test must
fail to compile, I would be interesting in knowing.

Thanks,

Ian Kinner