Re: Did anyone else notice?

Andrew Walker (andy@lysaker.kvaerner.no)
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 10:45:10 +0200 (MET DST)

Kevin Lentin wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 20, 1998 at 02:43:18AM -0400, Illuminatus Primus wrote:
> > What is the sys_reboot() magic constant used for?
>
> I believe it is a safety mechanism to prevent the system call from being
> triggered incorrectly. There are 4 magics, the first is 0xfee1dead and the
> other 3 are 'special'. You need to quote the first and one of the other 3
> to get it to happen. The 'special' ones have a cunning little meaning that
> required a new one to be added due to recent events.

Nice to see that Linus is sticking to the european date format.
None of those silly US dates ;-)

-Andy

--
Andy Walker                              Kvaerner Engineering a.s.
Andrew.Walker@lysaker.kvaerner.no        P.O. Box 222, N-1324 Lysaker, Norway

......if the answer isn't violence, neither is your silence......

(pwei barmy army - oslo "filial")