Re: paraport and paride not taking no for an answer

Trever Adams (arabian@onramp.net)
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 22:57:03 +0000

Grant R. Guenther wrote:

> Starting a few lines earlier, you might have read:
>
> # PARIDE doesn't need PARPORT, but if PARPORT is configured as a module,
> # PARIDE must also be a module. The bogus CONFIG_PARIDE_PARPORT option
> # controls the choices given to the user ...

I read them. If I tell paraport and paride BOTH no, they still compile
in (at least on of them does, I believe it is PARPORT but I could be
wrong. The only printer left in this area that is still powered and
left out for use is on the network so I don't need and don't want
parallel support. Also, I am trying to verify something someone told
me, and that was that these are likely causing my sound problems (Irq 5)
but everytime I try no it still gets compiled in. I am trying modules
now, hoping enough of the code is out in the module that I can forget
about them.

> There's nothing wrong here. No patch is required.

> Grant R. Guenther grant@torque.net
I think I posted the wrong code section now that I look back at it.
Sorry, I was in a rush and misread the line (I am famous for it), but
either PARIDE or PARPORT does refuse to take no for an answer (I gave
both no but still saw parsomething.c being compiled after make clean;
make dep). Perhaps tomorrow I will have time to find out which it was
and look deeper into the config scripts to find it. (Again, I stick my
foot in my mouth).

Trever Adams
arabian@onramp.net