Re: 2.0.33 is mixing up my Adaptec controllers

Kristian Koehntopp (kris@koehntopp.de)
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 21:29:34 +0200

--------------BBCAF88B625DBF347F66382F

Doug Ledford wrote:

> Strictly speaking, it's *very* hard for the driver to know exactly which
> order the BIOS will put the cards into since this can vary from BIOS to
> BIOS.

Is there a way for the kernel to find out in what order the Bios detected the
controllers or the disks? Or are these data structures destroyed when the
kernel comes up?

Kristian

--
Kristian Koehntopp, Wassilystrasse 30, 24113 Kiel, +49 431 688897
"PENGUINICITY!!"

--------------BBCAF88B625DBF347F66382F Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit