Re: Using inline asm on the i386

James Mastros (root@jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org)
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 15:01:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Colin Plumb wrote:
[Documentation on inline asm]

> This is one of the most helpful, concise explanations of gnu-ish inline
> asm I've ever seen. If this sort of hands-on explanation existed for
> other low-level details of the Linux kernel, many more folks would be
> encouraged to plunge their feet into the bits.
[...]

Indeed, I just put that message into /usr/src/linux/Documentation/
inline_asm.txt -- I suguest that you do likewise, Linus. That is certianly
on par with IO-mapping.txt in terms of followablity and usefullness. I
havn't included a patch -- it's really easyer just to copy-out the message
(and add a slightly edited version of the comment at the top of
IO-mapping.txt.)

-=- James Mastros

--
Where do you want to go today?
We might support that sometime next year.