Re: MATSHITA CW-7501

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 12:25:15 -0500

cedric wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I cannot boot kernel 2.1.96,2.1.97 with a MATSHITA CW-7501
> cdrecorder
> connected to my scsi-2 bus.
>
> it show this message in loop during the scsi detection.
>
> scsi0:-1:-1:-1 Bad scbptr 16 during SELTO
> scsi0:-1:-1:-1 Reference SCB255 not valid during SELTO
> SCSISEQ=0x5a SEQADDR=0x8 SSTAT0=0x15 SSTAT1=0x8a
>
> I removed the cdrecorder from the scsi2 bus, and everything work fine.
>
> 2.1.95 show this about the cdr.
>
> kernel: scsi0: Target 6, channel A, refusing WIDE negotiat
> kernel: Vendor: MATSHITA Model: CD-R CW-7501 Rev:
> kernel: Type: CD-ROM ANSI
> kernel: Detected scsi CD-ROM sr1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 6
>
> my scsi controler is an adaptec aha2940uw with bios 1.25

Disable wide negotiation in the Adaptec BIOS and this should go away. If it
doesn't let me know. At this point in time, there are a few non-wide
devices in particular that will cause this and it appears to be a sequencer
bug (we shouldn't ever have any reason to output 16 into the waiting scbs
list head pointer from the kernel, so my first suspect is the sequencer).
In order to track it down I would need access to one of the guilty devices
in order to try and isolate the problem.

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net> Opinions expressed are my own, but they should be everybody's.