Re: compiling problems in 2.1.97

Brian Weiss (fudd@cruzio.com)
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 21:31:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, BlueFlux wrote:

> I seem to get a lot of these 'bugs' whatever i should call them since i
> upgraded to gcc 2.8.1, I seem to recollect that i also got it in main.c or
> something(very very uncertain=). A human bug from my part or from 'your'
> part?=)
>
> console.c: In function `do_con_write':
> console.c:1772: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous `else'
>
> If you need any other info i'll gladly 'put up with it' ;)

These are just warnings, not actual errors. gcc-2.8.x is quicker to give
warnings about things that older versions would just compmletely ignore.
This wont affect any programs so don't worry about it too much. The thing
you need to worry about are errors, which will actually stop the
compilation process. :)

-Brian