Re: Re[2]: beos-bootloader? (fwd)

Mike Jagdis (mike@roan.co.uk)
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:39:50 +0100 (GMT/BST)

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Trever Adams wrote:

> Depending on how much of it you use it (At least in the USA) could very
> well fall under fair use or some other similar law. So I would say it
> probably doesn't. Just be careful about copying/pasting or retyping too
> much of the code as this would definitely fall under the copyright
> domain with no way around it.

Either the US law is strange or you need to talk to a copyright laywer
urgently. Under European copyright law fair use must be for criticism
or review. You could quote a few lines of code to point out the
problems in it but using it for its intended purpose is a definite
infringement and leaves you at the mercy of the copyright owner...

Mike

|  Mike Jagdis                  |  Internet:  mailto:mike@roan.co.uk   |
|  Roan Technology Ltd.         |                                      |
|  54A Peach Street, Wokingham  |  Telephone:  +44 118 989 0403        |
|  RG40 1XG, ENGLAND            |  Fax:        +44 118 989 1195        |