Re: beos-bootloader? (fwd)

Trevor Johnson (trevor@jpj.net)
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 06:07:52 -0400 (EDT)

linker@nightshade.ml.org wrote:

> I know it's legal.. Software patents are *evil*.. I would just like to
> know.. If they are using ideas taken from Linux source (which I think is
> very likely, after all.. They just ported to Intel.. And what other OSes
> are there out there w/ source that have SMP on Intel) I would like to
> know.. It would also be nice if they gave a plug during bootup.. :)

SMP has always been important to Be. In fact, they designed their own
system, the BeBox, which used it--partly, I think, because they got tired
of waiting for SMP to be available (see
http://www.be.com/support/qandas/faqs/faq-0155.html).

FreeBSD also does SMP (http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html).
___