Re: Pending IDE update for SMP, bugfixes, ...

George (greerga@nidhogg.ham.muohio.edu)
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 23:39:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, mlord wrote:

>Attached are the current accumulated IDE bug-fixes
>against 2.1.96. If the nice folks with SMP machines
>could try these out and pass on any feedback, it would
>be greatly appreciated.

Worked ok for me. 2x133 Tyan Tomcat 4 with single Maxtor EIDE drive. It
survived quite a bit of stress (make -j's putting load over 40) until the
current Linux "death-when-out-of-swap" problem hit me. (How about not
trying to preemptively swap when the swapfile is 95% used?)

-George