Re: I can't get ppp to work on 2.1.XX kernels (Debian)

Paul Wouters (paul@xtdnet.nl)
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:10:48 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > maan:~# ppp
> > /dev/ttyS3: Device or resource busy
>
> If its on IRQ5 the still unfixed problms with the parellel port code
> grabbing its irqs whch it didnt do in 2.0 are probably the trouble

I had the same thing with 2.1.92 and /dev/ippp0 with ipppd
In my case, ignoring the error worked :) I am pretty sure that par port
support was not built into the kernel (though naturally, I won't stake
my life on it)

Paul