Re: NETBEUI support?

Pat St. Jean (psj@cgmlarson.com)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 16:58:36 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
>What NETBEUI does is take reasonable NETBIOS packets and encapsulates
>them inside the BROADCAST packets shown above. Now you get 1500-byte
>packets that are received by everybody on the LAN. Everybody gets
>interrupted and has to throw the stuff away. This is a real CPU-Cycle
>sink.

Heheh... don't I know it... It's easy to fix though... Put all the PCs
on one side of a bridge-of-shame. I did it here with a recycled
packard-hell 486. Works like a charm! Thanks Linux!

Pat

--
Patrick St. Jean              '97 XLH 883                psj@cgmlarson.com
Programmer & Systems Administrator                    +1 713-977-4177 x115